Mental Health concerns us all. If you or a family member live in London and are in need of support to help you through times of mental distress, Harley Street Care can help. Our trained carers provide compassionate mental health care to give you the help and reassurance you need to aid you on the road to recovery.
Caring about mental health
Do you know someone who is experiencing mental health difficulties?
It’s a commonly known statistic that one in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year.
The severity of these problems can vary greatly, but they all have one thing in common – feeling supported aids recovery.
Despite this, mental health services are experiencing a lack of funding and the support they can offer is often inadequate.
At Harley Street Care we believe that no one should suffer with mental health problems without adequate support. That is why we offer a range of tailor-made services to support you, or your loved one when you need it most.
If you, or someone you care about, suffer with mental health problems, you may feel lost and not sure of where to turn. You may be feeling alone and isolated, even when surrounded by a caring family.
Some conditions affect a person’s ability to open up, making the giving and receiving of therapeutic support something that requires patience and good rapport building. Often it is valuable to have someone you can trust from outside of your family and friend circle – someone who is just for you.
A guide to dealing with mental health issues
Harley Street Care can help
Bespoke care and support packages
Here at Harley Street Care we work closely with you to create a tailored care plan that perfectly fits you as an individual. Beginning with your initial assessment, we’ll take the time to find out all about you. For example, we will ask you about:
- Your condition
- How it presents
- What type of support you will find most useful
- What are your needs, habits, and preferences?
With a comprehensive understanding of your requirements, we will then get to work at making your personalised support package.
Our expert staff have the skills and empathy to help people suffering with a wide range of mental health conditions. For example, we can support you whether you have:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bi-polar disorder
All of our support plans are highly specific and vary widely according to need. We can help with:
- Implementing positive coping strategies to deal with emotions and thought patterns
- Encouraging you to cultivate and keep to boundaries and routine – for example when to wash and eat
- Communicating with any other appropriate professionals as required by you and your family
- Empowering you to remain independent in a safe and responsible manner – for example helping you to get out and about and participate in activities or pursue goals
- Administering or supervising medication
- Cooking, housekeeping, and general errands
- Supervising a your general health, safety, and wellbeing
- Providing companionship and a friendly face at a challenging time
In all, we want to make sure that when you choose Harley Street Care you get all the support you need to live life well.
Whether you need just a little bit of support, or a lot of support, we will be there for you.